3.14.2011

Thrift Store Success!

I picked up this very old pewter frame from Good Will a few weeks ago for a whopping $1.99 (despite that other price tag). It was darling to begin with, but looked a bit dingy. I spiced it up with some spray paint. Here's how I did it.

I first took out the glass & backside of the frame & scrubbed it with soap and water using a toothbrush.

Before:

After:

Using 3M painter's tape, I taped the inside of the frame so the back would still be able to slide in without a problem.

I took the frame outside & applied an even layer of spray paint. I used Krylon Ivy Leaf Gloss. I let it dry for about 30 minutes & did a second coat.I repeated this process for the back & stuck in a frame-worthy picture (i.e. my college roommate & me being goofballs)!

How else do you use spray paint? I love it for make-over projects. Any fun projects or tips?
craft

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I did this to an old frame once but i love the color of yours- so so unique.

    I am a new follower from the Monday Blog Hop. I would appreciate it if you also followed me- thanks!

    http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Got anything to say? I'd love to hear from you!